- Associate of Arts, Tallahassee Community College, 1993
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, Florida A & M University, 1999
- Bachelor of Architecture, Florida A & M University, 2000
- Graduate Architect, Anticipate Licensure, 2009
- Associate AIA member 2001 - present
- Deacon, Executive Board Officer and Chief Financial Officer, St. Stephen Missionary Baptist Church
- Football Coach/Commissioner, Big Bend Pop Warner
- Baseball Coach, Little League
- Former Volunteer Counselor, Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Mr. Bivens joined MLD Architects in 2000, after graduating from Florida A&M University with a Bachelor of Architecture degree. While completing his architectural studies, Mr. Bivens minored in the field of Building Construction Technology, with an emphasis on project management.
Mr. Bivens has worked on numerous projects from schematics to construction administration, excelling in the areas of roof renovations, building exterior envelope waterproofing and historic preservation. These disciplines have been utilized in various projects for schools, universities, the State of Florida, the United States Postal Service and projects on the National Historic Register.
Reroofing Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota; Waterproofing Ca’ d’Zan, Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota; Reroofing Wakulla Education Center; Reroofing Wakulla Middle School; Reroofing Wakulla High School; Shadeville Elementary School Walkway and Parent Pickup Canopy System; Reroofing Taylor County Courthouse; Reroofing Gadsden County Jail; Reroofing Irwin County, Georgia EMS Facility; Reroofing and Waterproofing Prime Osborne Convention Center, Historic Train Terminal, Jacksonville; Renovation and Roof Repairs Historic Capitol; Reroofing Capitol, House and Senate Wings
Waterproofing RA Gray Plaza Deck; Waterproofing Trinity United Methodist Church; Reroofing Main Post Office, Nashville, Tennessee; Reroofing & Waterproofing 15 buildings at Florida A & M University; Senior Citizens Center Waterproofing, Tallahassee; Florida Supreme Court Waterproofing, Tallahassee; Reroofing FSU Nursing, Biology, Tully Gymnasium, Diffenbaugh and Psychology Buildings, Tallahassee; Waterproofing University A and University B, FSU, Dodd Hall, Phases I and II, FSU, Sandals Building, FSU, Salley Hall, FSU, McCollum Hall, FSU, Bryan Hall Roof Study, FSU, Historic Capitol, Tallahassee, Wakulla High School, Crawfordville, Rogers Building, FSU, Gore Building, Ft. Lauderdale, Federal Surplus Warehouse, Starke, Florida.